What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Rudolph Day and Christmas in July!


Happy Rudolph Day everyone! I'm so glad that it's Friday and it's a gorgeous day to boot. My kind of summer day - temps in the low 80's, low humidity and a cool breeze this am. Last night I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies for our niece's graduation party tomorrow. Tonight I making a few batches of peanut butter cookies too. It's hard to believe that she's off to college in the fall.
 

Late Wednesday night I decided to make her a scrapbook. I poured through all of our photo albums looking for candid shots. I have all of her school pictures in the same picture frame - those were easy to find. I have all of her school photo pages done, now I just have to do the candids and the front and back cover. 
 

When our little Texans were here they thought it was funny that I had Christmas decorations sitting around in spots. I told them that the magic of Christmas is in you heart all year and these are just little reminders. So, what am I doing for Rudolph Day? I have to work today, but I do plan on designing our Christmas cards on Sunday. I may play some Christmas music or watch a Christmas DVD (not that it has to be Rudolph Day for me to do either of those) tonight while I bake. We'll see...

If you are new here and wonder what Rudolph Day is click here.

9 comments:

Jeanie said...

I think one channel is airing Christmas in July movies. Can't remember which! I leave some Christmas out all year, too. Some intentional, some not! I've been thinking about the Christmas cards -- I don't think I bought any last year which means finally, I'll make most of them!

McVal said...

Ah! I wish I had time to think about Christmas in July! For the moment I dream of cooler weather tho....

Terra said...

What charming little carolers, and happy Rudolph day to you too. Did you know I wrote a book about Christmas? Yes, it is in our hearts all year.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy Rudolph Day to you!! I have been so busy lately that i have not had much time to visit so i apologize......

Hugs,
Deb

Vee said...

Your niece will surely feel special and that's pretty special of you! All you gals south of me telling about cooler temps are making me envious. Perhaps it is coming my way!

podso said...

I had forgotten what Rudolph day was. And I wish I had your energy! The scrapbook sounds like a wonderful gift for your niece that she will always treasure.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

No signs of Christmas around here - 94 with heat index of 104. LOL
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Susan said...

Hi Leann...

The magic of Christmas is in our hearts year-round....I love that. Of course, it's true, too.

Hope your weekend has been terrific. Susan

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wish I was the one going off to college...those cookies sound scrumptious! ;) love all of your vintage Christmas stuff....of course!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...