What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Blogland Tour Continues

DSC02494

Jann from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I'd like to participate in a Blogland Tour.  Of course I said yes!
flowers 2

The moment I happened upon her blog I felt as if I knew her. Jann shares her life and stories from the heart. Her gardens are so beautiful - both the flowers and the veggies.

DSC02582

She loves to go junquing at thrift stores and hit yard sales. I love seeing the treasures that she finds! It would be so fun to go together! She also hosts Share your Cup Thursday - a party where you share things in life that make you happy. It's also a great place to meet new bloggers.

Now a little about me...

What am I working on?

Well I've always got some sort of craft project going. 

 
I just finished our nieces scrapbook for graduation (of course I forgot to snap photos of it before giving it to her). 

 

 Since, The Old Parsonage will be turning 100 in just 2 years there are always home projects going on here. 

 

Last year it was painting the back porch, and this year it's the front porch (still haven't started it yet).

 

 

See the floor? Ugh!

How does my work differ from others?

My blog started because of my love of Christmas. I found a group of women who had blogs dedicated to my favorite holiday and they encouraged me to start a blog. At first, that's all I wrote about because yes, I admit it - I think about Christmas and prepare for it all year long:)

 

But then my little blog started to evolve. I began to share more and more about our daily life and it led me to where we are today.

 

 I love to craft, cook and take care of our home - The Old Parsonage, as well as dote on my precious family! I also work full time as an account executive at an advertising agency, so there's some creativity in my life at all times.

How does your writing process work?

You know me, I'm a list maker from the get go. I have a list of blog topics that I try to snap photos of during the week - this dictates the content for the upcoming week. I always try to use my own photos. This way I know there won't be any problems. My favorite topic to write about is my family - they are my world. I'm so blessed to have the family that God gave us. 


 
 




If you've been here awhile then you know that I also love to cook and bake, so you'll find quite a few of those kind of posts too.

 

There are also a lot of photos and posts from around The Old Parsonage. Our home is my refuge and it makes me happy to clean and decorate it - just like my intro states  "For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy!" 

 

I was asked to choose a few friends (fellow bloggers) who would like to continue the tour. I know that many of you are busy and really can't commit the time, however the following two ladies have agreed. Here's where I'm going to break the rules...if I didn't contact you and you'd like to play along, please feel free!

Jeanie has written The Marmelade Gypsy since 1998, writing about travel, art, creativity, food and life in general. Retired after 32 years in public broadcasting, she's finally having all the time she needs to create mixed-media art, catch up on her reading, enjoy travel with friends and family and time at her northern Michigan cottage. I first met Jeanie while doing a swap (handmade tags) through Karla Nathan. Jeanie is such a joy to get to know. Her blog shows her love of family and friends. She is a talented artist and a world traveler (I'm jealous).

Jill from Bella Rosa Antiques worked in the televisions industry as a writer/producer for 16years. She married the love of her life and is now a wonderful Mommy to her sweet Bebe girl. Jill buys and sells antiques both on-line and in person. I'm in love with everything she has listed in her shop. We are kindred spirits in our love for vintage treasures! I wouldn't want to part with any though (wink).

Please pop over and visit their blogs. Their tours will be published on August 4. I'm sure that you'll love getting to know them.

Thanks again Jann for inviting me to play along!



10 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Leann...

Will definitely stop in at the blogs mentioned.

Enjoyed reading your post.

Take care and have a good rest of the week! Susan

Jann Olson said...

Hi cutie! What a sweet intro you gave me! Although we are miles apart, we are friends from the heart! lol! Loved reading a little more about what's happening in your life and how you go about blogging. Always love seeing what you are up to. You do amazing art work so I know the scrapbook was a real beauty! I am not familiar with the first blogger. I will hop over and say 'hi'. Jill is a sweetheart! Thanks again for joining and glad that you are feeling better!
hugs,
Jann

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

Leann,
I have enjoyed your blog for years. It's always good to get a peek into your home!
My favorite picture of all time from your blog is your tree topper collection. Gorgeous, festive, and glorious!

Jeanie said...

Hi Leann,

I know what you mean about bloggers being busy -- I'm having a heck of a time finding bloggers who will play along but I'm still trying! And I'll be there on Monday! It's a treat hearing how you started -- I came in later after we met during the swap!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a fun way to introduce other blogs to your readers!

cottage_Charm52 said...

test

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks so much, Leann! What a nice shout out. :)

I am working on my blog tour connections... I have my post up today and will hopefully have someone to link to next.

ENJOY your week! It is beautiful out today...
~Jill

McVal said...

I've gotta go check them out! It's wonderful to find kindred spirits!

Vee said...

You did a great job with this! I enjoyed reading about your blogging process. Love seeing your home!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Leann,
How did I miss this!! I am so sorry that I did but glad that I saw it now!! Congrats to you on this honor!!

I have always loved your blog and your style as I think we are kindred Country Victorian style souls and we do LOVE Christmas now, don't we?????

Hugs,
Deb

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...