What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Saturday, July 12, 2014

All Souls Trilogy

   You know me and my love affair with shall we say teen/fantasy literature and TV shows -Twilight, Charmed, Vampire Diaries, etc. Well when Vicki from Life in my Empty Nest mentioned the All Souls trilogy I just had to check it out.       

We both love Outlander by Diana Gabaldon so I thought for sure that I'd love these as well. I was immediately drawn into the first book, it had witches, vampires and daemons, plus an added historical charm that I just love. Speaking of the Outlander series the newest book is due for release soon and so is the new Starz series - can't wait for both of them.



The Book of Life is the last book in the All Souls Trilogy and it's due to be release next week. I'm all set for the rest of my summer reading with these 2 new books and a few magazines that I've been hoarding. I love to read out on the porch with a glass of ice water or a diet coke over ice with lemon, as long as there is a breeze. If there isn't a breeze then I'm in the house.

So what have you been reading this summer?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Leann...Well, I've just started "Penmarric" and have a stack of other books to read when that one's done. Hit the library used book sale so you know what that means! A mountain of "new" books. Hurray! Susan

Jeanie said...

I think you've been reading more fun stuff than me! I've been reading a book on mind-body medicine, Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," "Paris Letters" and two mysteries!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...