What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A day trip to Valley Forge




There were a ton of day trips while our Texans were here. Our Fireman's Flame wanted the kids to have fun, but also get a little educational time in too.


Valley Forge National Park was first up. There used to be a ton of deer roaming around and they started to cause major problems, so they had to cull the herd. Can you pick out the one in the woods above?


Our little Texans got to see log cabins that soldiers stayed in (they are all 20th century reproductions).


It was a gorgeous day for walking around and sight seeing.


Can you imagine sleeping in these types of conditions in the middle of winter waaay back then?


I love the park. It has a fantastic walking/bike trail and is a great place to take the kids for a picnic and a little history lesson.

What kind of historical places are around you?

7 comments:

podso said...

What a good experience for the kids. I remember my parents taking us there and to Gettysburg, Mt. Vernon and other such historic sites. IT does help give you a frame of reference about our country's history.

Vee said...

Valley Forge must be impressive. Those men who served under those conditions deserve much credit.

Barbara F. said...

Hi Leann, I visited Valley Forge when I was about 10 or 11. I thought those log cabins were the original! I also don't remember seeing any deer roaming around, but it was nearly half a century ago!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Can you believe I have never been to Valley Forge? Well, that I can remember anyway. My parents may have taken us as wee ones...

I do have it on my list. Maybe in a few years when Bebe is a little bit older. Then we can all get in a good history lesson!

McVal said...

That is awesome!!! I love log cabins but wouldn't want to live in one like that...

Susan said...

Hi Leann....So glad you had lovely days for your excursions. Looked like fun.

There are so many places around here to visit...house tours of lots of famous poets and writers, museums, gardens, theater, music! You name it, this cultural area has it. We are so blessed. Susan

Susan said...

Hi Leann....So glad you had lovely days for your excursions. Looked like fun.

There are so many places around here to visit...house tours of lots of famous poets and writers, museums, gardens, theater, music! You name it, this cultural area has it. We are so blessed. Susan

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...