What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Movies lately


We watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green this past weekend. It was a tear jerker to be sure. Typically we don't go to the movies that often and wait for them to come to cable or dvd. This movie  was on cable and I had control of the remote, so I clicked on it. I'm glad that I did - it was entertaining compared to a lot of other movies that we've watched lately. While I'm talking about TV and cable movies...for the amount of money that we pay there should be more of a variety of good quality movies to choose from.

Have you watched any good movies lately?

BTW - I didn't have a photo to share of the movie, so I took a quick shot of a shelf in my studio for some eye candy.



10 comments:

podso said...

Haven't heard of the movie but it sounds like you recommend it. I see you have old wooden spools--hang on to them! They are treasures!

1CardCreator said...

Love your wooden spools. Cant think of the last good movie we've seen, been too long I guess, lol. ~Diane

Jeanie said...

I remember seeing the previews for that and thought it looked very good but then it came and went. I'm glad to know it's on cable these days -- I'll keep an eye out for it.

McVal said...

Ooh! I haven't seen that one yet! Thanks for the recommendation.
The last movie I saw was Frozen. And it is really a good one! even tho cartoon.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

That sure is a pretty picture! I am often looking for movie suggestions too, and now I will look for this one.

Susan said...

Hi Leann....Just saw "Frozen" and liked it. It was creative and imaginative. Cute photo. Susan

Emma Pearce said...

I must say it is a great photo. I haven't watched anything new lately and we don't venture to the cinema often(unless it is a kids film with the bugs) but I am wanting to see 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' it looks so funny. I may have to hint to The hubby to take me :)

Vee said...

No, and I'm looking for some good ones. We have Netflix and I find nothing I like hardly...

Jann Olson said...

Love the vignette Leann! Wooden spools are a favorite of mine. And I love using scrabble letters. I've heard that movie is really good. Just saw Enders game and I didn't think it was that good. I really want to go see Monuments Men.
hugs,
Jann

Melanie said...

We just watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." I really liked it! Don't know if it's out yet but my daughter finds new movies to watch on her google laptop and we hook it up to the big TV.

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...