What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day




First, I want to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! There's nothing better than to give and receive LOVE! Speaking of love, don't you just love my new sampler? I got it at that re-uzit store that we stopped at the other weekend. The sentiment is perfect!


My Valentine and I spent the day today shoveling 13 inches of snow from round one of the nor'easter. Round number 2 is supposed to dump another 3-6 inches on us overnight.


We were running out of places to throw it. The other side of the driveway has a pile that is over my head. This was prior to digging out the mailbox. Does anyone remember that movie where the plowman keeps pushing the snow back on people who are outside? I can't remember what it was called. But that's how it works and it's downright frustrating!.


I made Mr OP his standard snow-day lunch. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Hot and hearty - sure fills the belly. We took about a 2 hour break while it was sleeting, then we went back out and finished for the day.


I just can't believe that we are supposed to get more snow overnight. Really? Really? And if that's not all...another small storm will hit us Friday night with 2-4 inches expected. I love snow, but I don't want to have to shovel that much again so soon.  It's a great work out, however it can be a little overwhelming when you are looking at it and know that you have to shovel it. I just thank God that we haven't lost power.


Wishing you days filled with Love and Laughter! Happy Valentine's Day!



18 comments:

Nellie said...

Take care with all that snow removal! Happy Valentine's Day!

Nellie

Jann Olson said...

Oh Leann, that sampler is just precious! You are going to be a muscle woman after shoveling all of that snow. I hear ya about the snowplows pushing it right back. lol! Another storm on Friday? My, I hope it ends soon! Happy Valentines!
hugs,
Jann

Vee said...

John just suggested that I go out and shovel out the end of the drive since I'm still dressed. Hahhahahahaha...funny guy! E.B.White tells of one of his fondest dreams in an essay I like. It is that a small plow comes along behind the big plow and takes out the ends of everyone's driveway. That would be so nice!

Susan said...

Hi Leann....The tons of snow we've had here has been at least light....we can sweep the sidewalks and driveway as opposed to shoveling heavy stuff.

Your sampler is darling.

Oh! The peanut butter cookies came out great. Was going to eat only one but I gobbled three and a half. Ha! Susan

Webster said...

It's nice that the two of you work well as a team. And, isn't that why they invented snowblowers, those terribly loud tools that supposedly make life easier?

We've had a grand total of 3", and it didn't last long at all.

Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup -- just what the task called for.

podso said...

Just think of all the muscles you are exercising! But seriously I know you've had enough and more coming is hard to take in. Happy Valentine's Day!

Emma Pearce said...

That is some snow!!! I can't begin to imagine the work it is to shovel it! Lunch looks yummy I have to say, and my tummy has started growling at me.
Happy Valentines Day. Lots of love x

McVal said...

wow!!! We got a couple more inches last night, but I'm going to make the girl snow blow when she gets home.
Stay warm!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! You are having the same weather we are. Do you live near the Philadelphia area? Sunny today but more coming tonight. Not as much though :) And I hope not as heavy. It was a lot of work shoveling.

I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup yesterday for my daughter's boyfriend after he shoveled. It is a perfect meal!

Love the sweet sampler. A very pretty find!

Ruth Weston said...

We used to live in snow country for 30 years...and don't miss it!!! The soup and sandwich is perfect comfort food and a good warm up! Stay warm!
Ruth

Michelle Pitts said...

Love your sampler....your in snow and we are having heatwaves and then torrential down pours.....the weather is playing fickle for all. HPS Michelle

Michelle Pitts said...

Love your sampler....your in snow and we are having heatwaves and then torrential down pours.....the weather is playing fickle for all. HPS Michelle

Patricia Miller said...

Happy Valentine's Day. That was a great deal of snow for the two of you to have to shovel. I feel for you.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day with your Sweetie. That is a beautiful sampler. Those are one thing I can't pass up, will have to post a photo of the one I got yesterday too.
WARM regards,
Francie

Jenny's Heart said...

Wow! I think I love snow so much because we don't have it much and it never lasts long, I don't know that I would feel the same shoveling it...lol

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your sampler is a treasure! Our weather forecast has warmer days coming this week but that means big puddles from all the snow as it starts to melt.

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day.

Debra

Linda said...

We had a lot of snow here as well...love your photos. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day!

Susan Clayton said...

Happy Pink Valentines Day Saturday! I hear you about the snow shoveling. Be careful!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...