What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Happy Rudolph Day


For those of you following along it's Rudolph Day again. Each month on the 25th I do something Christmas-y whether it's planning, buying gifts or just organizing and list making. Since it's February, the weather is going to play along and send us snow flurries in the afternoon, how timely! 

I've got all the fixin's for my decadent hot cocoa. I plan on making myself a cup this evening to enjoy while I go through my Christmas Magic book. I want to organize all the ideas that I saved from magazines during the holidays. I also want to update my address book with people who sent me their new address. I keep all of my Rudolph Day essentials (my Christmas Magic Book, a sweet Santa mug, some holiday mags and a few other fun Christmas things) in a little tote that was made and given to my friend Cathi.

What about you, are you feeling the urge to play along?

10 comments:

Emma Pearce said...

I am most definitely feeling the urge to play along. In my mind I am constantly planning Christmas. I also had a really awful one last year so I want a really good one this year. I think I will start today by writing a list of things I want to make for gifts and write lists of gifts I want to buy. That way I can refer to the list each month and make some purchases :) AWESOME IDEA!

Margaret said...

Such great ideas. I actually enjoyed a nice cocoa and designated a spot in my storage closet for gifts I purchase throughout the year. I have a lot to buy for do I try to start early! I also made a list of what I have purchased and for whom. Happy Rudolph day! Maggie

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy Rudolph Day!!

I had that wicked stomach flu yesterday and did not get a post together on my Christmas blog...maybe will throw something together today!!

Still Winter here as I am sure it is down your way because i think you have gotten far more snow down there than we did!!

Stay warm, Spring has to come soon!!

Thanks for your visits!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vee said...

Not this organized on my best day! Though I think that it would make for a smoother Christmas season.

Jeanie said...

I'm not sure if I'll manage to pull off Rudolph all year, although I promised myself I'd try. So today I am putting away all the Christmas decorations from 2014. (I did get them downstairs but mostly in tote bags, so this is getting sorted so next year I can actually find things when I'm looking!)

1CardCreator said...

Not doing anything for Rudolph day but I have entered 2 challenges requesting 1 Christmas card per week and I am trying my best to keep to it so I won't have a mad rush come November this year, lol. ~Diane

McVal said...

Oh wow! I can't think that far ahead yet, even though I love lOVE LOVE CHristmas! Too much else needs to happen before then for me I guess.

Susan said...

Hi Leann.....

I hope you enjoy of sip of your luscious hot chocolate. Is that the one you make with chocolate chips and half and half? Mmmmmm

Stay warm and cozy. It's freezing here, that's for sure. Susan

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Talking about decadent hot chocolate makes me want some!

My husband told me it's Happy Clam Chowder day or something like that today?

Melanie said...

did you come up with this idea yourself or do other people do it too? I've not heard of it but I like the idea!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...